QR Codes on Badges: The Future of Event and Conference Industry
The growing popularity of the QR code as a marketing tool can be attributed to the benefits it offers to a wide range of industries. One striking benefit of QR codes is the opportunity it provides to improve customer experience and streamline the administrative system.
In the case of events and the conference industry, QR codes were able to revolutionize the engagement of the audience with each other and the event itself. For instance, QR codes on badges can be used to track audience attendance, store contact information and even video and photo sharing.
In this article, we will dive into more of the benefits of using QR codes on badges. We will also walk you through the process of generating QR codes for badges.
The Benefits of Using QR Codes on Badges
There are many benefits to implementing QR codes on badges. Here are some of them:
- Fast and easy scanning: You can use QR codes for text to allow people to quickly scan the badge to get information about the event staff. You can place it in the event's entrance or custom name badges for it to be easily visible.
- Connect people efficiently: QR codes enhance convenience and efficiency for attendees. Instead of carrying business cards, attendees can create a QR code for their vCard. vCard QR codes are helpful for easy contact information exchange.
- Access to additional event information: A QR code can be used to direct attendees to a website, landing page, sessions and meetings. This is a faster way to learn more about the events and what it has to offer. Staff can also use this to access attendee data.
- Sign up for the newsletter and mailing list: QR code is a powerful tool to promote your brand and event. It can also be utilized to grow your mailing list which you can use for your marketing.
- Cost-effective and sustainable: Cut down on additional costs and expenses when you integrate QR codes. By using QR code technology, event organizers eliminate the need for additional printing of business cards and event materials. Thus, reduces unnecessary and, at the same time, saves costs.
How to Generate QR Codes for Badges
Generating QR codes for custom badges is as simple as scrolling through your Facebook feed. There are several free QR code generators that you can use to get the job done.
To start here are some steps you can follow:
Step 1: Open your browser and search for QR Code Generator Hub.
Step 2: Enter the URL of the badge in the “URL” field.
Step 3: On the left panel, select the badge size, color, frame and style of the badge. Feel free to include your logo to make it more personalized.
Step 4: Click “Generate QR code” and download
Step 5: After downloading, you can attach the QR code to your event badge or ID.
Best Practices for Using QR Codes on Badges
Now that you have an idea of where and how to create a QR code, it is also important that you supplement it with best practices. Knowing this can aid you in maximizing the benefit of QR codes, especially in organizing your processes.
Following these practices ensure that the QR codes you created are user-friendly, effective and ready to use during the day of the event. Here are some key practices to consider:
QR Code Placement
Ideally, QR codes should be placed in a visible and accessible location on the badge for easier scanning.
Keep in mind that QR codes are meant to help in simplifying the process of exchanging information between attendees. Thus, you should make sure that it is not covered with any text or images.
Choose the Right Size and QR Code Format
There are different sizes and formats that are used when creating a QR code. When generating a QR code, make sure to choose a size and format that is scannable.
Essentially, pixels can vary depending on the size of the QR code. For instance, larger QR codes are much easier to scan as they have more pixels in them.
When creating a QR code, one important thing that you should not overlook is its quality. Avoid poor quality or blurry QR codes that are difficult to scan.
You do not want to frustrate and cause inconvenience to the event attendees.
Convenience and networking opportunities are the essential elements that will indicate how successful an upcoming event really is. With the use of QR codes, event organizers are not only able to achieve this but also achieve a cost-effective and sustainable event to promote their brand.
By following the best practices in implementing and designing custom QR codes, event organizers can rest assured that they are able to use the full potential of QR codes to enhance the overall experience of the event attended.
To learn more, you can visit our Academy for more ideas on ways to use QR codes for your business.
Can you put a QR code on a sticker?
Yes, you can put a QR code on a sticker.
What is the QR code on an identity card?
A QR code is a two-dimensional barcode that can be read by smartphones and other devices. QR codes are typically used to provide people with information about a product or service. In the case of a digital business card or an identity card, a QR code may be used to provide information about the cardholder, such as their name, address, and date of birth.